The Last Jedi trailer opens with the voice of Carrie Fisher’s Luke Skywalker, who has been granted a temporary reprieve from the Galactic Empire.
Fisher is seen walking down a long corridor and then stopping to sit down in front of a wall of books.
Fisher says she has found a way to live on the outside of the Galactic Alliance, “but it’s only a temporary respite,” she said.
“It’s only temporary until I get out of here.
But I’ll make sure it lasts as long as I can.”
Fisher’s voice is accompanied by a montage of clips from the Star Wars films, including a scene in which Fisher is greeted by a familiar voice.
The voice was played by a voice actress who has worked on the series since the first film, and the clip also shows Fisher in her old home.
“The Last Jedi” director Rian Johnson said in a statement that “we’re thrilled to finally get a chance to see The Last Jethro.”
“We knew the movie would be something special, but it never had to be the film,” he said.
The trailer opens by showing a young Luke Skywalker trying to find a way home.
He is chased by a swarm of droids.
After a fight, he finally finds his way home, where he runs into Rey, his old friend.
He tells her that he is sorry for everything he’s done.
“She says, ‘You are so beautiful and smart.
I want you back,'” he said, referring to a line from “The Force Awakens.”
Rian and his team wanted to use the last trailer to bring back the character that was seen in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, a young Han Solo, but Disney was unhappy about the decision.
The last trailer shows a young Rey and Luke as they walk through a desert, and in the background is a huge spaceship.
They are surrounded by dozens of droiders.
“When the last Star Wars trailer was released, it was like we were playing with fire,” Rian said.
But Disney was not as pleased with the trailer, according to a person familiar with the situation.
The studio wanted a longer trailer to show the new characters in the film, including Luke and Rey.
Disney wanted to show Luke and his parents as well, so they had to change the trailer.
“There were two sides to this, which is that they liked the last one, and they felt that the trailers were better for the franchise, and I was happy for that,” Johnson said.
Johnson said the company’s team had been working on a trailer for years, but when it was revealed that Disney was pulling the plug on the movie, it had a very different reaction.
The final trailer is a “much better, more original trailer, but the way that it was done with the last Jethros,” he told reporters.
“We were happy to have a little bit more space for that.”
Johnson said he didn’t know why Disney decided to pull the plug, but that the studio did it in order to have more room to build the new movie.
“They’re really going for the gold,” Johnson added.
The Star Wars franchise has been in limbo for more than three decades, since the last film in 1977.
Disney CEO Bob Iger told reporters in December that the company had been “looking at it for a long time” but had decided to cancel the film’s release because of a lack of demand.
“You know, we’re going to see what happens,” he added.
“I don’t know if it will happen, but I do know that the movie is being put on hold, and that’s all we’re concerned about.”
Iger said Disney had reached out to studios about a potential sequel, but they have yet to agree.
Iger did say the studio would be “happy” to have “some additional space” for the movie in the sequel, and it will likely be released “in the next few weeks,” according to the report.
“This is a really important movie, and there is still a lot of great work to do to get to the next stage,” he continued.
“Hopefully, we’ll see it in theaters, maybe in the next couple of months.”
The last “Star Wars” film is scheduled to be released on Dec. 15.
“Star War” fans will have a chance, however, to see the latest installment of the franchise on Dec-18.
“Cars 3” will also hit theaters Dec. 20, 2019.